Grape & Apple Jelly
This works really well if you have a glut of fruit in the garden...
2 kg grapes
4 cooking apples (sliced but don't peel or core)
800g sugar (depending on quantity of juice)
1. Remove grapes from stalks and put in preserving pan with apples and water
2. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 mins
3. Strain juice through jelly bag overnight (or for at least 4 hours). And don't be tempted to squeeze the bag as this will make your jelly cloudy.
4. Measure the juice into preserving pan and bring to the boil
5. Add sugar (for every 1250 ml of juice, add 800g of sugar)
6. Return to boil and continue to boil until setting point is reached (if you put a teaspoon of jelly on a cold plate the surface should wrinkle when pushed).
7. Pot into Wek jars and seal.