A little tin of magic
We have a Christmas survival kit stashed behind the counter and it contains Haribo, Diet Coke, Berrocca and the thing we really couldn’t do without - Rosebud Salve. Hats off to Dr. Smith who developed the “all purpose family salve” in his Maryland drugstore in 1895 because we don’t think it’s ever been bettered for smell, consistency, finish and all round usefulness. Here's what to do...
1. Slather generously on cracked knuckles, parched lips, under sore noses, around tired eyes or any bit of skin starved of moisture.
2. Use instead of lipgloss or over lipstick. It gives a lovely dewy effect without being sticky.
3. Smooth over eyebrows to tame an unruly brow line while also giving sheen.
4. Apply sparingly to tresses to combat fly-away or frizzy hair.
5. Dab a small amount on cheek bones, shoulders or collar bones for a subtle accent.
6. Use as a base under eye shadow to help hold the look.
7. Work into cuticles to soften them.